November 14, 2008

Goal #47

Goal #47: Povide opportunities for others to "experience" life

Okay, Okay... I'm not sure if you consider throwing parties allowing others to "experience" life, but it has been a great memory anyway. And it's been a great experience for my roommates and I to have fun with people we love!
Every other Thursday we have a party and invite anyone and everyone we know. The first week we had a Carmel Apple Party. We had carmel apples with chocolate, toffee, nuts, etc. Hmmm! They were so good! Shalyn also made some delicious carmel popcorn. At the end of the night we had carmel EVERYWHERE! It was great for clean checks that are also every Thursday. ha ha.






The Thursday before Halloween we had a Pumpkin Party. I made some of mom's fabulous Pumpkin Dump Cake, and Natalie made Great Harvest's recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. It was incredible! We decided to get a big game of signs going when people came by (one of the best games EVER!). We had a good time. But I'm still a little bitter I only got a small piece of that dump cake. :)




Last night we had crepes. Another personal favorite. Flannel, Natalie, and I couldn't get them off the stove fast enough. We ended up making 9 batches of crepes. Ha ha... seriously! We were a mess.... especially after our whip cream fight. Oops...




It's such a blessing to have good people in our lives! Like Ralph Waldo Emerson said,

"The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it."

2 comments:

Roger and Laurene said...

hmmmmmm.... you invite everyone you know?
I think I've been shafted.
:)
Your hair is SO cute, Carlee! You look good... and happy.
Love and hugs,
~Laurene

Katie and Clark said...

Carls....I love!!!!! your hair! You're making me want to cut mine. You look great!!!!