March 1, 2009

Response to 2/25

I was reading this today and thought I would share:

"The Lord gives us a "new heart' (Ezek. 18:31). Our heart has to be broken, in a way, so that it can be re-made. By that I mean more spiritual sensitivity, more empathy, and more capacity to be responsive to people. The natural man's heart is pretty self-centered and hard. If we can put off the natural man (see Mosiah 3:19), we can be given a new heart, and it will be enlarged without hypocrisy (see D&C 121:42). Adversity can squeeze out of us the hypocrisy that's there. [So, for me,] its been a great spritual adventure, one I would not want to have missed."

-Elder Neal A. Maxwell

Isn't he cool! Man... I love that quote!

3 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

I love your posts! This quote is especially great. Love-d it!

Jared said...

And He has to break it open in order for it to be filled inside. Doesn't Elder Holland say something like that?

Thanks for our chat/story (to be continued soon!) today. It was fun. Hope I.F. was a blast!

Holli and Corey Walton said...

Your blog always inspires me