March 23, 2014

Hello Again...

I know, I know... I have been MIA from this blog. Well... and from life. But its time to find it again... and me.

Warning- there is personal, mushy, gushy stuff ahead.

But we are all friends here, right?

Here we go...

I feel like I am a whole new person than the one I was before October 4, 2013. (Besides the obvious mom brain, sleep-deprived zombie...) I have a lot more anxiety and depression in my life. Basically, I'm an emotional basket case. Now, this isn't new. I've been a basket case for a long time. But the basket happens to be bigger. And heavier. And uglier.

I have struggled with clinical depression and anxiety for several years now. (If I'm being honest... my whole life.) But with postpartum hormones I feel I have been thrown to the wolves.

Here's the deal though... my first post back isn't going to be dwelling on this dark truth.

It's really about finding and creating happiness again.

Because, really... life is to good to waste time being miserable.

So I'm putting this blog back into my employ. It helped me before and I believe it can help me again. While I'm at it I'm laying out this disclaimer... I'm a private person and tend to feel anxious putting my thoughts out there (esp. a public forum like this). But I also believe we are in this life to help each other. So if this blog is in anyway helpful, inspiring, or encouraging to others then I'm going to continue to use it.  But I'll probably get personal. And I'll probably fret about using the right grammar (oh the ironies). And it will probably be harder than it should be to post something. BUT... I'm going to do it. And I'm not going to worry about it. Ok? Ok.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am excited to get to know you better through your blog. I admire you so much. Plus, your girls are so stinkin cute!! :)

Clark and Katie said...

Yay Carlee, it's so good to read from you again!

KelliO said...

Carlee! I love your blog. I always get excited to see a new post, and I love browsing your list from time to time. I hope it helps again, and I want you to know it is inspiring to me! I'll be patiently listening (reading).

Patty said...

I'm so glad you're sharing your "inner" self with us. Those who love you aren't going to judge you for your struggles (or grammar! lol)
(((hugs)))

Raquel said...

Carlee- you are just incredible! Whenever you cross my mind - you bring a smile to my face. Thanks for just being your wonderful self!