September 21, 2008

Book Report: Glimpses

Glimpses Into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley

This is an amazing, AMAZING book! I loved every minute of it. Sister Hinckley is so real. It makes it easy to relate and be inspired by her.

I want to share some of my favorite quotes, gosh dang, just cause I love them so much!

We are His children, and if we ever got that through our heads thoroughly, understood that completely, we would never do a small thing, we would never say a cross word, we would not use bad language, we would not criticize anybody, we would love everyone the way the Savior loves us (pp 11).

Shortly before we were to be married,Gordon called and said, "I think we had better go to lunch today." So we did and he said, "I think you should know that I only have $150 to my name." Well, $150 sounded like a small fortune to me. I had hoped for a husband and now I was getting $150 too! I said, "Oh, that will work out just fine; if you've got $150 we're set!" (pp 79)

Think about your particular assignment at this time in your life. It is to get an education. This is a wonderful assignment. Don't take it lightly. Give it your full heart and energy. Do whatever you have to do this week; and do it cheerfully. To do less than this will leave you with an empty feeling (pp 85).

Make life an adventure. Don't say, "Well here's another day." Say, "Here's a new day. What have I that I can put into it?"

And my all time favorite quote:

Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, "We are here in mortality, and the only way to go is through; there isn't any way around!" I would add, the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.
You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache(pp 107).

This book is a must read for sure! Especially if you need a daily dose of inspiration!

No comments: