September 4, 2008

Study: Water

Man! Weren't the Olympics awesome! There is something about a dedicated athlete that just inspires me! Dara Torres was incredible! Even though she didn't get her individual gold I'm still impressed! And Michael Phelps... whoa! Now there is a powerhouse! I can't believe someone can swim that fast! It was so much fun watching him meet his Olympic goals (and kicking everyone else's butt)!


So I have a confession. I hate water. Actually, its more of a love-hate relationship. I love water. It hates me. Whenever I tell people that they don't believe me. I put on a good game face around water so you wouldn't usually be able to tell that we don't get along. Now don't get me wrong, one of my very favorite past times is looking at it when we're at the beach or the lake. Plus I really enjoy a good canoe, boat, or raft ride.

However, I've never liked it just me and it (unless its a bubble bath in my own safe bathroom).

Well I recently made a personal goal to complete a triathlon.... a mini one. Baby steps, starting small! And as you all know a third of that is... swimming. Yuck. "So what do we do? We Swim! Swim!" (Thanks Dory)

I started swim lessons yesterday. Ha ha... it's true! When I got in the water the instructor looked at me and asked, "Do you have a phobia of the water?" I laughed and asked if it counts as a phobia if I won't put my face in the water. She smiled and I'm sure quickly realized she had her work cut out for her.

I would like to announce that at the end of the day I had successfully put my head under the water MANY times! AND I learned how to dive in! (Special thanks to Flannel and Jason! You guys ROCK!)

So thus begins my study of water. Wish me luck. I hope the next time I see you won't be at my funeral. ;)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You really make me happy! I haven't taken the time to look at your blog in a bit, but am now super excited to see what study you'll do next!
I love that your brother has someone like you! Your family is truly amazing! I am glad I was able to meet them, even though it was a short visit. I love ya!