December 9, 2012

Goal #25

Goal #25: Teach

I love to teach.

I'm not exactly sure why. It might be because I have a lot to say and teaching gives me the opportunity to be heard. he he. It might be because I am a Type A Personality and like to be in charge (just ask my siblings). It might be because I like to learn and we often do when we teach.

Anyway... I came across this photo a couple weeks ago...
which reminded me of my goal.


In 2006, during my studies at BYU Idaho, I was offered a job teaching a Leadership Practicum Course. I jumped at the opportunity. Not only did I get to teach, but I got to teach one of my favorite topics! Yes, Please! During the semester I was assigned 22 students and the challenge to teach basic leadership skills. It was so fun! And I think I also figured out why I like teaching. 

I love people.

I love getting to know people: their likes, dislikes, interests, hobbies, what inspires them, what discourages them, their hopes, their challenges, etc. 

I love teaching because I get to know people.

Even better is that 6 years later I am still friends with many of them. I have been influenced by them countless times. And now, I get to observe what they have done and will do with their lives (since they are all little leaders now... haha).

I should try and say something profound... but the point of this is simply to say that I enjoy teaching and hope for many opportunities down the road.

The end.

No comments: