August 31, 2008

Book Report: Count of Monte Christo

What a good book! I've wanted to read this since high school, but I didn't get around to it until last week. I loved it! Just ask Casey... I couldn't put it down!

“There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness.”

What I liked:
-The adventure!
-The tone the author chose
-The developed themes that represent the core of human emotion
-The developing of characters throughout the whole book
-Dantes relationship with God

What I didn't like:
-It wasn't a happy ending. Let me clarify-It was a GOOD ending-I'm just a sucker for happy endings.

Recommendation: Read it! And then keep it on the shelf for a rainy day. (Just to note: It's nothing like the movie)

No comments: