August 29, 2008

My Study of Life

Alright, it is finally time to use this blog as I originally intended-a record of 'my study of life.' So far I've basically used it to journal my life and travels, but I'm going to try and revert it to what I've always intended it to be. And the reason I'm posting this intention at all is so that I will finally commit! ha ha! Sometimes you just do what you got to do!

Life is to precious to just sit back and watch it pass by. We only get one chance, one life. Doesn't it just catch you off guard once in a while that you are alive! That the Lord has blessed you with this chance to prove yourself here on Earth. We get to live, love, and serve Him and those that we have been blessed to have in our lives. Wow.

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative is so uncomplicated. It can be expressed in single words, not complete sentences.

It sounds like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.

-Barbara Hall, A summons to New Orleans, 2000


I'm terribly excited to use this blog for my studies, projects, and findings. I've been doing this in a notebook for years but its time to get it organized and share!

The unexamined life is not worth living.

-Socrates

1 comment:

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

Oh Carls! The love of living is such an awesome thing. When you realize you're healthy, capable, and doing what the Lord wants you to do...life is beautiful. We still need to talk...I hope youre happy!