December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I am so grateful for gratitude. No really, it's true. I learned some powerful lessons this last month. It was a blessing to be thinking of all the friends and family that I am thankful for. (The only problem is that I still have a huge list of people I want to thank!)

My thoughts have been lacing through gratitude the last few weeks for some other reasons as well. The conclusion I've come to is that there is great POWER in gratitude.

I've always understood and appreciated the principle of being grateful, but my dad taught me an even greater lesson. He help me EXPERIENCE the POWER of gratitude. Gratitude turns our hearts to God. It calms our fears and anxieties. It illuminates the abundant goodness in a sometimes scary world. Its guides us to potential possibilities.

Gratitude heals.

The moral of the story is I'm grateful for gratitude. I'm going to be better at using it.

1 comment:

Pamela and John said...

Carlee you are simply amazing. I love keeping up with your blog. I have to add to your gratitude tribute that I believe gratitude is the key to everlasting relationships. Perhaps one of the reasons it is imperative we thank the Lord every time we pray.