April 20, 2014

Hope

Depression is a lonely road consumed by darkness and often paralyzed with fear. Like others, I have struggled on my own "long, lonely" road of depression and anxiety. 

And yet, this truth has always rested sweetly on my soul...


"One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to."

I do not have the words to express my gratitude, but I do have the feelings of my heart that rejoice to know this is true. I know that one day the precious lessons we have learned through our trials will culminate in a perfect understanding. No matter how hard this journey gets I know that I am not alone... ...and that the struggle will be worth it.

Please read the whole talk here.

2 comments:

Pamela and John said...

You are a strong woman and I admire you. Love the message of hope Christ gives to us.

Patty said...

As someone who has also struggled with depression and anxiety, I understand the hope that this talk brings. Thank you for sharing it. Two things I've learned when dealing with depression:
1) Enjoy the good times. Those times when the depression is at bay and life seems a little brighter and easier- don't question it or worry about when the depression will pop up again... just enjoy every moment of it.
2) Feelings pass. Depression may be long term and feel like it has taken over your entire life, but don't let the accompanying feelings fool you into thinking that it will never get better or that it's not worth trying any more.
(((hugs)))