May 24, 2008

Anyone for some cheese?


Yesterday we took the train to Alkmaar to go to the Cheese market. It was fun to watch the men run around wearing traditional Dutch clothing and carrying big blocks of cheese. We walked around and sketched a lot. It was a beautiful area! My favorite part of the day was sitting at this little outdoor cafe, listening to the band play afar off somewhere, and sketching bits and pieces of Alkmaar.

Alkmaar is an interesting town. It's a lot more cultural than Amsterdam.
Overall I really enjoyed the day.
We had fun doing some shopping too. :D

Say Cheese!

Yum

What do you think of my new shoes?

See they are wearing them. I just wanted to be in fashion!

So I bought them.
(he he...okay maybe I didn't buy those,
but I did buy a pair of fabulous shoes!)

Funny side note: If I have time before I publish a post I will usually spell check it. So I tried and it came up that practically ALL of my words were wrong. I'm not always the best speller, especially if I'm in a hurry, but I didn't think I was that bad! Turns out I'm not speaking Dutch so the spellchecker is mad. I laughed.

1 comment:

Chill said...

I think we should meet up and you can wear your fabulous shoes!!!!