November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #11

Brother Ladle
There are some teachers that will never know the influence they have had on the world. Often they don't even know the influence they have had one just one person- their student.

I took a class from Brother Ladle before my mission. It was a Preparation for Eternal Marriage class (oh the irony). His teaching and testimony helped me gain a better understanding of the gospel and allowed an avenue for the Spirit to teach me the things the Lord wanted me to know.

Although his class was wonderful the thing I am most grateful for was how he seemed to reshape my confidence when I felt it had been shattered. It is hard to explain how he did it, but he did. He helped me see that I had potential when I really felt like I had none. I believe that is the definition of a truly great teacher.

Thank you Brother Ladle.

No comments: