November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #15 and #16

Grandma and Grandpa Painter
Wedding Day a long time ago :)
Why I am grateful for these two:
-They have taught me how to work hard, whether that be running a business or doing your family history
-They loved and raised 10 kids! One of whom happens to be my father.
-They loved and raised 40 somethin' grandkids! One of whom happens to be me.
(I don't even know how many great grandkids there are)
-They have persevered in the face of hardship (including health issues, family problems, death of loved ones, business aggravations, etc.)
-They love me for me. To them it doesn't matter what I do, but who I am. (Of course they encourage you to do the right thing too)
-They have always been so supportive of my goals and accomplishments
-I am grateful for their abundant wisdom
-I'm grateful for my grandmother's rice pudding (funny to be grateful for a food but if you tried it you would be grateful too... hmm hmm)
-I am grateful for their testimonies

I just love them.

No comments: