November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #24, #25, #26, #27

My Treasures
aka. My Aunts
L-R: Mom, Anna, Sherri, Cindy, Karen

I don't know how it came about but my aunts started reffering to themselves as their nieces and nephews' "treasures" and it's stuck. ha ha These are my treasures:

Anna: Oh Anna. Anna has taught me (along with my mother and other treasures) how to be a homemaker. If there was a Homemaker of the Year Award I would nominate her. Her 5 boys would probably nominate her too. 5 BOYS! ah! Oh and one very perfect daughter of course. All growing up I loved being at Anna's house because of the Spirit in her home. I also dearly love the way she and my mom interact. Kristi and I are still laughing (years later) at them.

Sherri: I covet Sherri's creativity. But you all should covet that Sherri is in my family and not yours. nienner nienner nienner Sherri is amazing, and her food is divine! I don't know how she does it but she has saved my college years and my party plans with her recipes. hmm hmm good I'm grateful for Sherri showing me that talents come in all shapes and sizes and I shouldn't be afraid to find mine.

Cindy: What do you say about Cindy?! She is... Cindy. ha ha All growing up all my friends knew and loved her almost as much as I did. She is the life of the party. But she has also taken the time to know the details of my life. She is an incredibly selfless server. I am grateful for her example of finding a need around the house or family and meeting it with no complaints. One day I want to grow up to be like her. :)

Karen: When I think of Karen I can't help but smile, really, I'm smiling right now. Karen makes me smile... and she makes me laugh... really really hard... regularly. Her optimism and humor have blessed my life countless times. I can't help but love being around her for the natural endorphins I get! She has shown me how beautiful life is and that I should make sure I'm enjoying it.

As you can see I have the greatest of "treasures."
Thanks ladies for teaching me the greatest of life lessons.
I love you!

1 comment:

Pamela and John said...

Okay, now I'm jealous! ;)