November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #19

Sister Thacker
Well technically her name is Andreanna Slade now :)
Summer 2009 in Fairfield, OH

Andreanna is a friend of ALL SEASONS. I had to laugh when I was looking at pictures of the two of us because, really, we have a picture in every season. Anda trained me as a missionary and then we ended up serving together for 9 months! (Exactly half of a Sister's Mission) I love this girl like my sister... probably because she was for so long. People even think we look like sisters. I think they even thought we were twins once.

She truly is a friend for all seasons. Really, if my car broke down I know Anda would be the first one at the scene no matter what length she had to drive (maybe Idaho is a little far from Arizona... but you get the point). She is a 1 in a million friend.

She was not only an incredible missionary and a powerhouse of a testimony she is one of the sweetest, happiest, hardest working, well-meaning "daughters of God" I know. She definitely had some endless patience with me in the mission field...endless. I will forever be grateful that she didn't give up on me. I am also grateful for her example of having righteous desires. I have long admired her practically perfect intentions in every situation she encounters.

Winter 2010 in West Chester, OH

Anda, really, thank you for not giving up on me.

No comments: