November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #4

Ron and Sandi Hammond
(pictured here with my roommates and I)
I love this couple! Since I met them in January they have changed my life simply by their Christlike examples. I first met them when I took Teachings of the Living Prophets from Elder Hammond (he was recently released as a general authority). Sister Hammond sat in on every one of his lessons. I remember the first few class periods I could hardly take them seriously because they were so sweet! How could anybody really be that wonderful?! I quickly realized, however, that they were 100% sincere in their goodness and selflessness.

During my first few weeks as an ordinance worker at the Rexburg Temple I was pleasantly surprised that they were on my same shift. It was definitely a blessing to know someone and they took me under their wings and made me feel welcome. They have a way of making anyone they are with feel like a million bucks.

Countless times, I have been in awe of the depth of their relationship. I have never seen a happier or more Christlike marriage. They have inspired me to find the very best in people, and to treat my husband (to be) like gold. They have single handedly showed me how to live Goal #70: See the good in my husband (to be) and let him know. I will always be grateful that the Lord placed me in their path and for all the things I've learned from them.

1 comment:

Jetta said...

I saw Elder Hammond at a race in Salt Lake on Thanksgiving a few years ago. He and his wife were there to support one of their kids who was running the race. He had just given an address at BYU-Idaho or at our stake conference or something. I chatted with him for a bit and thanked him for his words. Such an amazing man! And definitely so sincere!