November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #28 & #29

Kristi Lee

Taiwan 2010

Kristi is my honorary sister. She and I probably act more like sisters than me and my sisters. That might be because our mothers are sisters and we are only 9 months apart.

She and I have survived each other for 24 years (as of December 1... ha ha). Anyone who can make it through the adventures of childhood, the drama of teenagehood (I know its not a real word), and the independence of young adulthood is doing pretty good. I think we've done a pretty darn good job. Kristi has always been the sweet, calm, smart, hardworking, lovable one that I've had to compete with all these years. ha ha. But I love her anyway and am grateful for her example of excellence in my life. Anything she does, she does it 100%. She has wisdom beyond her years (yeah I'm calling you old). I am often the grateful beneficiary of that wisdom.

Kristi, Thanks for having sleepovers at grandmas house watching fiddler on the roof and laughing until 3am (sorry Cindy!). I sure love you.

No post about Kristi would be complete without a twin tribute to:

Holli Berry


Holli is the one that kept sanity between Kristi and I for all of these years. Really, really. She is the older, more mature sister of the three. :)

I am grateful for how much this girl has taught me about life (she is three whole years my senior). She has exemplified courage, being concerned about others, knowing what to say and how to say it, being involved, persevering through tough situations, and enjoying the ride. I've very much appreciated this last one especially. She might not be aware of it but she has an incredible optimism about life. I'm not sure I've ever heard her complain.

I love these two girls.

Kristi and Holli, Thanks for loving me through all those years of annoyance and being such wonderful cousins.

No comments: