November 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #5

Rachel Briggs
(at my mission homecoming. we hadn't seen each other in three years!)
This girl makes me so happy!
Rachel is the kind of person that lights up a room when she walks in. She has the light of Christ so strong that it just can't help but emanate from her. Her smile, laugh, and optimism are contagious. I have always admired her selfless focus on serving others. I have been the grateful beneficiary many times. The whole reason we are friends now is because of that selfless service extending a warm hand to a reclusive me. ha ha I was pretty standoffish from the social scene at the BYU Jerusalem Center where we met. Rachel, in all of her love and enthusiasm for life sucked me right in. I couldn't help but be her friend. No, really, I couldn't.

I will always admire the work ethic of this girl. I'm pretty sure one day she could be President of the United States if she wanted to. Although, I'm sure the Lord already has plans for her to be the General Relief Society President. :)

Rachel, thank you for being such a blessing in my life. And thank you for always offering the hope of the Atonement. You are a true friend... and I love your stinkin' guts!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Carlee you are my hero. I want to be as good as you some day. You are such an example in recognizing your blessings and the Lord's hand in your life. You have been a saving angel to me time and time again. I can't ever thank you enough.