November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #7

Grandpa Boyd
This man is my hero.

To this day, I have never met a more honest, hardworking, purely good man. His character is one I hope to cultivate by the end of my life. He truly is a man of God: full of integrity. One of the things I admire most about my grandfather is his attitude. Through years of diabetes and its related health issues I have not heard him complain once. Not once! (And here I complain about the slightest ailment.) He is my hero for the bravery and determination he faces every day with.

One of my favorite memories growing up is how eager my grandfather always was for me to show him my dance dresses in high school. (I secretly loved it.) He would appropriately ooh and ahh and I would always walk away feeling like a princess (which is pretty good for that high school self consciousness).

I hope I can live half as productive a life as he has. I love him dearly and admire what he has become and what he has done with his life.

Thank you Grandpa for being my example.

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

I truly agree with your thoughts, he is certainly a great man. We are very blessed to have him in our lives.