November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Tribute #2&3

Since I'm a day late, I'm going to catch myself up with two of my favorite people.

My Father and Mother
(I used to call them Mother and Father all growing up. What a formal child)

My Father
Oh my Dad. I just don't know what to do with him sometimes. ha ha
I do know this... he has helped me out of many, many, MANY predicaments in my life. He has always seen the good in me that I couldn't see. He's helped me discover my dreams and passions and has always (deep down) supported me.

I have a deep admiration for him. I hope one day I can accomplish half of what he has. He has taught me how to give with a willing heart, how to sacrifice time and energy for the things that are important, how to be adventurous and create experiences in life, and especially how to make sure you show your family how much you really love them.

I love this man.

My Mother
My mother has been my guiding light. She has dealt with me all these years with such grace that I can't help but admire her! I can truly call her my best friend. I've learned so much from her example:
  • How to clean my room
  • ...change a diaper
  • ...iron clothes (...sorta)
  • ...manage a household
  • ...cook (again... sorta)
  • ...talk to strangers (I can even call them on the phone if I have to)
  • ...be a friend
  • ...love unconditionally
  • ...persevere trials
  • ...look up (she is always reminding me to look up and not walk looking down)
  • ...have faith
  • ...serve
  • ...have empathy
  • ...trust others
  • among many many more things.
She is a blessing in my life.

To my wonderful parents, Thank You!!!

1 comment:

LaDawn said...

Thanks for the sweet thoughts. It is not hard to be a good parent when you have such wonderful children. I suppose the Lord just wants us all to learn together. Thanks for remembering all the good things...haha! Love you lots. Mom